Cooking and reheating instructions
Steaming your tamales:
- Set up your steamer by filling 1/2 of steamer with water
- Turn heat up to high and cover until water comes to a boil.
- Turn heat down while you arrange tamales around the steamer.
- Turn heat up to medium high heat and cover with lid.
- Steam for 25-35 minutes or until soft in the center. Be careful when reaching into steaming pot. Use tongs to safely pull tamales out to check for readiness.
Reheating tamales using a microwave:
- Place frozen tamales in a microwave safe container and wrap in a damp paper towel (It’s ok to leave husk on tamales). Place lid on your contain but don’t secure, this will allow to lock in more moisture.
- Heat in microwave on high setting for about 3-5 minutes or until soft in the center. Heating times may vary slightly when reheating more than one tamale per container.
Always follow safe cooking guidelines and instructions listed on your cookware and equipment.